mysticbluebmw
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85252
What I Drive: 2013 Accord EX-L V6 w/Navi

FF Reputation: 1 mysticbluebmw Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitchboy View Post
I go tmy car February 26 2012 and already have 14,582 miles it. I have done one oil change and have not been alerted yet for the next one and did the first oil change around 6,400 miles. I have also put on an AEM cold air intake and have driven this thing HARD hitting the governor speed of 119 numerous times and flooring it off the line to get to school almost everyday. And with all my hard ass driving testing to see what this beast can do, I still am not due for the next oil change. However with these new engines going 7,500 plus mile sbetween oil changes I would nto even pay attention to it needing an oil change on a new one of these untill a least 5,000 plus miles because it needs time to accumulate your driving data so I think your just checking it too early, and if the sensor s up the warranty will cover it so dont trip.

I would state I hope that 119 was at the track, but more than likely, probably not.

Oh and that warranty (which expires at 36k) won't mean crap when at 75,000 miles, his engine is gummed up from too few oil changes. All the huge mileage gaps between oil changes now a days is not because of new fangled tech or magical fairy dust....it's marketing hype.

Laguna Seca Pedals