Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Yellow 2005 ZX3 Hatchback (how to make it look cooler and cover up some scratches)?
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 06:14 PM   #8
iminhell
C2H5OH

Fan#: 36222
What I Drive: 2000 & 2001 ZX3's

FF Reputation: 42 iminhell Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryB View Post
We fix stuff here, not hide it.

*wish we could

Looks to me like there was a graphic on the car previously. I can see the outline of large letters, possibly a company car of some sort.

I would say that with a good quality detail much of the scratches can be hidden, or at least dull them so they aren't as visible.
The deep scratches you can't do much for though. You can try some touch-up paint and then wet sand to blend it in / smooth it out. But chances are the touch-up will stick out more than the scratches.

There are quite a few How-To videos on the internet of how to detail a car. Watch a few of them and see if it's something you think you would want to do yourself.
If not, maybe think about hiring someone local to do the work for you. If you find someone who's not a pro but does good work, I'd imagine they'd be willing to do the car for $100 or less.
If you do decide to take it on yourself just make sure you're using quality tools and products. You do not want to damage the paint any further. Finesse and patience are key here.