Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - leather seat covers and ipad mount
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 06:23 PM   #4
Lipshurt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92314
What I Drive: 2012 blue focus SE

Points 732, Level 14
Points: 732, Level: 14 Points: 732, Level: 14 Points: 732, Level: 14
Level Up 32% Completed
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 Lipshurt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
that is my GPS, which i need a lot, and im a musician, so i need to listen to lot of music, so i use acu-radio, slacker, and pandora. i also get all of my news from the apple podcast app, news plus a lot more actually.
the apple maps app is great. you get a text or email, touch the link and its in maps. touch the pin and hit directions. then hit start. no typing. only three presses.

I used to use my iphone mounted there but i had to srcutinize the screen too often. the ipad is way bigger and easier to glance at.

the seats were a bear to get in. it took me a good 4 or five hours, and I was really tired with beat up finger tips, and sore hands. They are good though. The grain of the leather matches the simulated grain of the dash and door panels. It looks really stock. even th eheadrests look great. i heated them up with a hairdryer after i took those pictures, and they had smoothed a bit more. They are made in japan.

i did have to modify the ipad mount to made the stalk longer so it was positioned where i wanted it. that was easy though. I Bought three mounts and that one was by far the best, and the only one made to mount with suction to a grainy surface. Its rock solid and make zero noise while driving. The big ipad screen is quite impressive doing GPS. Also, apple maps has the best voice and talks about exactly the right amount. I have use LOTS of GPS and GPS apps the last 8 years or so. People badmouth apple maps but im pretty sold on it.

the front end stripes were thought up by a guy in this forum, and i really like those too. that was easy, and they have been for several months now. gets lots of nice comments.