View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 04:46 PM   #7
08focusse
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94107
What I Drive: 2008 Ice Blue Focus SE

FF Reputation: 3 08focusse Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
since i had my PCM updated i have noticed my Low fuel doesn't Ding and i know that the TPMS doesn't DING either so i am not sure what all was written in the updated pcm from ford but it cost me 80 bucks and my mileage seemed to have gotten better as well maybe the 80 bucks was worth it only time will tell, Just watch out for the windshield sprayers that attach to the hood as mine broke and sprayed the motor with windshield washer and shorted out one of my coils (wasn't a needed expense when i was on holidays) but these are known to break down and shatter which is why i couldn't understand why i was charged 10 bucks for a new one(if something is known to cause problems ford should have put out a recall notice and replaced them with something other than plastic which doesn't deteriorate over time)

So maybe the update in the pcm was written to add the tpms limp mode (I don't Know) they don't say anything they just say oh you have an update for the pcm and update it without an explanation of what it includes:Even updates for a computer tells you what has been changed!!!!