Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 26,975, Level 97
Points: 26,975, Level: 97 Points: 26,975, Level: 97 Points: 26,975, Level: 97
Level Up 63% Completed
Level up: 63% Level up: 63% Level up: 63%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
We have a How-To on changing the filter. It's for an earlier model, but the procedure and location is the same. The fuel filter is located under the car about 18" from the edge, in front of the fuel tank on the passenger side (rt side) of the vehicle. Follow the exhaust, it makes a 90 degree turn crossing over to the other side (left side) of the car. Just to the rear of the car from that turn is the fuel filter.

1) Never remove the white part of the clip from the clip. Press on the flat white spot, and push it into the line at this point to remove it.
2) One clip will be easy to see and remove, the other clip will be turned around backwards. Follow the line away from the filter about 6", and you'll see another white clip that you can remove much easier. Remove this small section of line with the fuel filter, then you can rotate it on the ground and remove it correctly.
3) Never remove the white clip from the fuel line connector, all you have to do is press on it and it will release. Pushing the fuel filter into the line sometimes help release the clip if it's in a bad spot. Then pull it apart.
4) Don't lay under the fuel filter when you remove one of the lines, fuel will spill out on your face. Gasoline in the eyes is not fun. Gasoline in the mouth is not fun later that night.
5) I highly recommend disconnecting the fuel cut-off switch to discharge fuel pressure from the line. I have tried disconnecting the fuel pump fuse, and the engine ran sputtering for a long time when I tried starting. This doesn't happen with the FCS method, and the fuel system is discharged so fuel doesn't spray violently.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.