Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - What MPG does your DURATEC Ti-VCT get on the HIGHWAY ONLY ?
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 06:31 AM   #10
2kwik4u
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102523
What I Drive: '12-Sonic Blue-5dr/5spd/203A/Roof

FF Reputation: 1 2kwik4u Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have some data for ya, but it pretty much mimicks what others have posted.

'12 SE hatch
5spd manual trans (this thing really needs a 6spd!)
4,500mi total odometer
factory stock (except a Purdue sticker on the back window)
87 (cheapstuff) fuel

I have a 34mile commute (one way) to work each day. In the mornings with little to no traffic all but 3 of those miles are on the interstate with the cruise set at 65 (10 over ) On the way home it's the same, with the exception of about 3 miles of stop and go interstate through downtown. Fuel mileage is consistently in the mid 32mpg range for that scenario

Road trip from Louisville to Evansville, IN. Myself, Wife, and son with all gear in the hatch, cruise set at 75mph. Car made the trip on one tank, but the mileage was only about 34mpg.

Road trip to Cape Girardeau, MO from Louisville. Same load as Evansville. Cruise set on 75mph both directions. One tank each way essentially. 34.5mpg there, almost 37 on the way home. I suspect no A/C and a tailwind helped on the way home. A/c on, and 15-20mph steady cross/head wind on the way there.

Terrain in most all cases was "somewhat hilly". It's not flat as a pancake, but it's not climbing any mountains either.