Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Drivers Seat discomfort
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 01:59 AM   #47
MikeSchultz
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104587
What I Drive: 2012, Sonic Blue, SE-hatch

FF Reputation: 1 MikeSchultz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech10002 View Post
Do you have it in the car yet? Once you drive on it a little, give us your impressions. The wrinkles look easy enough to get rid of. It looks like you could pad it out a little with some 1/2" soft foam, like the pink upholstery stuff.
Yes i do have the seat in the car, it's been in the car for a week, def when i take over an hour drive, it is more comfortable, i still get a pain in the leg but it is not as intense and more bearable, last month i was in the car for 2 1/2 hours and i my leg was killing me, last week thursday i took the same 2 1/2 hour drive def it was def better, (i cant pull over on the freeway/expressway if you lived on long island you would know why) to strecth i'm thinking since i had the car for 4 months and the first 3 months i didnt do much to the seat hopefully in the next few weeks my leg will get use to the new seat cushion and relax a bit and heal it's self, it feels like the hamstring is pulled in a way, the 2012 seat feels like the seat is making my hamstring strech because you sit down in the seat, my next step is i'm gonna see if i can get a power seat from a junk yard, and see if only the back part can raise up, but most likely i will be putting a set of aftermarket racing seatas in the car.

the first thing i did to the seat i added about 1 1/2 inches of foam padding to the seat, if you
1. raise the seat all the way up,
2. undo the plastic.elastic tab that goes from the bottom fabric of the the back part of the seat, and clips to the seat springs,
3. undo the two plastic tabs,
4. then you can pull up the seat fabric up you will see 4 or 5 plastic hooks that holds the padding up
5. undo those plastic hooks, stuff a little padding between the seat cushion and springs snap the plastic hooks back into place
and see if that feels better.

Last edited by MikeSchultz; 10-21-2012 at 02:06 AM. Reason: added a few steps