Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Why you should retrofit your lights
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 04:59 PM   #33
Barrow88
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91009
What I Drive: 10' Black SES, 02' Boosted ZX3

FF Reputation: 4 Barrow88 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by A7xschecter6661 View Post
Sorry I did not get back to you, what are you doing for the bulbs? Just do the regular H1 bulbs that don't add an extra $30. They still have a 1.5 year warranty.

As for the resealing glue, I say skip that and go to your local parts store and grab this, It costs a little more, but it comes apart (if you ever need it to again) very easy and works wonderful. It is used in most headlights and recommended as #1 on the HID Planet forums for retrofitting.

Also here: Free UPS Ground Coupon: TRS34

If you need anything else let me know via PM. Also when you are aiming your headlights (or when you have them apart) carefully take the headlight adjuster apart and grease the rod with something. Dielectric grease or something work. I just used a silicone spray on mine through the hole on the top. This will help them adjust a little easier and hopefully keep them from breaking like mine did.
The resealing glue isnt actually glue its butyl rubber which is the samething as the 3M window weld so no need to spend more money on the 3M product.
Build Thread: Already Built... For Now