Old 10-20-2012, 04:09 PM   #1
ripto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99257
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 ripto Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question New Focus - Proper Exterior Care

So I bought my Focus back in June, and I am noticing areas of rough paint throughout various areas. I bought my last vehicle used about 8 years old and kept it in good shape, however I never really waxed, polished, or clay barred it. Being that my Focus is new, I'd like to stay on top of it, especially with the winter season coming up. So I'm curious as to the advice you guys have that I should follow regarding proper exterior care. Now I did opt for the Simoniz glasscoating from the dealer, I know there are mixed opinions on that, but I was told and read that clay barring and polishing could remove this, however waxing wouldn't. What do you guys recommend, and also what products? I've never really been one to buy expensive products, but if it means the car stays fresh for years and years with me regularly caring for it, then I'm down for it. I heard Adam's has a pretty good kit, as the first suggestion to bring up.