Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 focus se converting rear drum to disc?
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 11:55 AM   #7
Fraychild
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 37309
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE

Points 62, Level 1
Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 Fraychild Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorm View Post
should have just ordered one with disc brakes. would have been way cheaper in the long run
"Should've, Would've, Could've" - Unfortunately, not all of us had the option to choose a model with the Sport package... There weren't any 5-Speed models with the Rear-Discs available in my area - so I took what I could get.
The point of this thread is to figure if someone's done, would someone attempt it, and could this become an option that others would be interested in.
Instead of criticizing and shutting down the idea of a "rear brake conversion", why not give positive constructive feedback, share knowledge, pictures or anything that would contribute to making happen?
Personally, my Rear Drums work fine but I want Rear Discs - simple.

Don't our stock engines, transmissions and suspensions work just fine as-is??? Why do we seek things like intakes, exhausts, springs, wheels, and big brake kits? Because we WANT them and we hope that someone out there will break "the norm" (<-- no pun intended) and open the doors for others...