Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - DCT over revving, car not accelerating. Dangerous
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 08:34 PM   #51
VectorZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100457
What I Drive: 12' Focus Titanium Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 VectorZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybean View Post
Update:
My wife is driving to work the other day, and calls me while exiting the freeway. She says it feels like the car has slipped into neutral. She said it seemed like it took excessive time to get back into gear. After that it seemed fine again. While I had her on the phone we tried to reproduce the error when she was in an empty road. We could not.

This is simply ridiculous....I am at a complete loss. Taking it back to the dealer is going to get me nowhere as they won't do anything unless there is a code or visible issue.

I am at the end of the line with Ford. I guess that "is normal too."

Paid premium for all the goodies...and nothing works correctly....slipping tranny, MFT that should be called something else (leave it to your imagination), rattling headliner, trim paneling not put on correctly, strut mount issue....etc...etc...etc...

I am very patient, and have not even brought up the other issues, besides the tranny and strut(which they fixed), but how can a car company put out product like this.

If this was my business, I shudder to think how many customers I would lose.

Thanks for letting me vent.....
Thankfully my car has been problem and drama free for 4k miles. That said, if that were my car I'd invest in a small camera (or mount your phone) and DOCUMENT IRREFUTABLE video evidence of the issues. I know you have issues, but when you take your car to the dealer and it works fine for them, and there are no codes what exactly are they supposed to do??

Anyways, I'd document multiple instances of the car displaying those issues and then promptly trade it in. Then, I'd compute my losses and sue Ford in small claims court for those damages. I'd also be filing NHTSA complaints each time this happens. There's no way I'd jeopardize the safety of my family while Ford tries to sort this out.