Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Bad News from Roush
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 06:50 PM   #32
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

Points 24,755, Level 95
Points: 24,755, Level: 95 Points: 24,755, Level: 95 Points: 24,755, Level: 95
Level Up 41% Completed
Level up: 41% Level up: 41% Level up: 41%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesvt720 View Post
^ That's what we tried to stress to them at the meeting, but they haven't moved forward from the sounds of it. They have proprietary access to Ford's tuning, they can do more than SCT can. (Their tunes can change something like 10 times more data points.)

I stressed to them if they could be first to market with a tune for 91/93, and offer an intake and exhaust too, they'd be doing well. I just am not sure they are going to do it.

I pitched them this:

Stage 1 Performance: Intake/Tune
Stage 1+: Adds exhaust
Stage 2: Adds header, and re tune.
(If people are seing 175whp without a tune, if they could get 180-185whp with stage 2, I think it would sell.)

Stage 1 Suspension: Lower springs and better shocks.
Stage 2: Bigger sways

Then offer the body kit, both as a full kit, and as individual pieces.

I told them I think these parts would sell, especially since ppl could get the stuff installed at Roush Certified Ford dealers.
This is an awesome idea if they would follow through, especially since SCT is (intentionally?) dragging their feet so bad with the NA version.

SCT got hit up pretty bad on their fb page for not following through fast enough with the NA. They claim that there are 30 different codes and that they have only done one. After the vehicle having been out for over a year-and-a-half...

I understand the political side, but someone somewhere needs to just do something.

Sent from my stupid phone.
2014 FiST-