View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #44
Litterbug
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104950
What I Drive: 2013 Dark Grey Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Litterbug Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
We purchased our Focus on a Cloudy day. Glare or Vision was a non-issue. It is a issue for me at times in this Florida Sun. I have Glare off of the Dash, Glare off of the steering column, Glare off of the polished metal on the steering wheel and the silver trim around the gauges is also a distraction at times.... It just depends on the angle of the light from the Sun. I would like to add some Wattage to the back of the gauges. Dealer told me today that there is not any part #'s for 2013/2012 Cluster Bulbs. The part's diagram only shows the front of the cluster. The Part's Dept says the replacement Cluster is $289.... Ford gets this Cluster direct from United Radio. So I may have to hunt them down for more Info. I am also going to remove the Cluster when the Dear Wife is away. She would not understand taking a 2 week old car's dash apart.... I have a feeling the lighting is soldered into the circuit board.. Their is a Led Kit for the 2012 Focus Cluster that you have to solder 20/25 Leds to the circuit board. That would be challenging or a $289 mistake, plus the $39 Kit price..... I did trade in a 2008 Buick Enclave, which is a different car.. Like apples and oranges. O-Well... At least I did not buy it at Night in the Rain..... A custom dash cover would help with the glare on the top side of the dash, but they are Ugly.... I will find a fix or live with it... It is a nice driving car. It seems bigger when behind the wheel driving.....

Litterbug in Sunny Fl.