Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Which car manufacturer do you hate most?
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 02:07 PM   #198
Linchpin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103384
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Linchpin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lscman View Post
Everyone doesn't want AWD, but a Subaru owner may not realize that. Mercedes and BMW both offer AWD as an option because many buyers prefer world-class RWD handling. Audi's understeer like a pig when pushed hard, just like a cheaper Mitsubishi. Handling is quite primitive; no reputable independent test report ever suggested they handle like a world class sedan. Their reliability statistics have been well below average over the last two decades. Dodge is about the only marque that consistently rated lower for owner-reported troubles. Chrysler surely isn't charging $40K for a midsize car with a normally-aspirated V6 motor, so they have an excuse. Audi's pedestrian offerings and sister VW variants can best be described as unreliable, inefficient, costly and average performers.
I agree that Audi's were pigs until very recently. The last time I checked electrical issues in Mercedes were legendary. Service costs for a Merc approach the price of a Fiesta.

My wife and I owned 2 German cars. One was a used VW Golf Cabrio. The other was a brand new high end Jetta. The electrical problems were so bad we finally ditched the Jetta at a loss. Same deal with the Golf. I used to pray before I turned the ignition key. The dealer kept insisting that the problems with the Jetta were our fault because we didn't drive it right. DCT issues pale in comparison to the problems we had with our German cars