Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Which car manufacturer do you hate most?
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #196
Lscman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95211
What I Drive: 2007 ZX3

Points 1,128, Level 18
Points: 1,128, Level: 18 Points: 1,128, Level: 18 Points: 1,128, Level: 18
Level Up 28% Completed
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 9 Lscman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by memphiscbrider View Post
I voted Toyota. I hate they are in NASCAR. I hate the Prius and every that owns and drives one. I hate they aren't still making the supra. And also. Can I vote more than once?
Who in the heck wants a 3800 lb 2 dr pig with undersized brakes for performance use? They're in Crown Vic weight class while offering impractical cramped interior. Maybe somebody who likes heavy ponycars would be attracted to this asian offering, except they were super expensive so the bang for buck argument for ownership no longer applies. My desire for a performance car with fundamental shortcomings comes to an abrupt end when it's list price approaches the cost of a genuine sports car such as a Vette. If you want a modified vehicle to accelerate hard in a straight line, you'd be better off with a Mustang or Chevy S-10 pickup with built motor. Either will run 8's far more cheaply and reliably.

Legit sports cars like Corvette handle, stop, accelerate and turn well which makes them impressively fast and fun on a sports car track or similar road course. The Supra in stock form can't do anything particularly well. I've seen 800HP Supras get eaten alive on a road track by 300HP M3's and Neon's. The excess weight introduces fundamental limitations wrt handling, braking and turning even in highly modified form. The tires are overworked, no matter what size. Induction and exhaust mods can only improve acceleration for attracting police and juveniles at the stoplight.