Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 focus with sony upgrade retain stock headunit & aftermarket speakrers\amp
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #1
rreeqq
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105047
What I Drive: 2012 blue focus

FF Reputation: 1 rreeqq Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Exclamation 2012 focus with sony upgrade retain stock headunit & aftermarket speakrers\amp

Hey there,

I have a customer with a '12 focus and the upgraded sony system. before i dig into his car i was trying to do some reasearch and i was not comming up with much!

I dont know how many people have upgrade to an aftermarket amplifier\subwoofer\speaker setup, but that is what we are doing.

we are trying to retain the stock headunit

and i will be installing an arc audio xdi805, german meistro concept component speakers up front, and a custom fiberglass box for a sundown audio SA8v2.

before i make him buy some line output converter and anything else, i was interested to know if the sony headunit has low level phono outputs (RCA connectors) - or does it only have high level speaker outputs?

basically i am interested to know what signal goes from the stock radio to the stock amplifier. if i can tap into that, and it outputs low level RCA signal that an aftermarket amplifier can use, i do not need a line output converter. if it is not - then i need to know if i need to tap in before, or after the stock amplifier.

other than that i have all my bases covered.

maybe if anyone has images of behind the sony radio, that would also be helpful before i take his car apart.

thanks guys.
andrew

diymobileaudio [dot] com/forum