FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
Ran into a new one (for me) yesterday...

Was driving down the interstate, listening to BT Audio or iPod - forget which one. System kind of froze up so I was expecting to see the infamous Sync screen, except it started working like normal again after a minute or so. Until, about 30 seconds later...
"The application has encountered a serious error. The system is now shutting down."
(paraphrasing - but it was close to that)
A genuine, old-school Windows error box popped up on-screen! With the X in the corner and everything!
Unfortunately it was only on there for about 5 seconds - I tried to snap a photo but the screen had already gone blank by the time my camera app launched.
Anyway, yeah, the supreme quality of MFT continues to impress...
Hey, TiPilot -

Has this issue occurred since? Which software level are you on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
Had that happen to me a few times too. On one occasion it popped up, then mft rebooted itself, then it told me my backup camera had an error (i don't have one) and then it rebooted itself again and was fine later. My current problem is that it no longer reads my zunehd, but has no problem reading my slower zune 120.

I'm really sick of this garbage. It's literally shocking Ford put out a telematics product this bad, and its even more shocking it gets hardly any coverage in the press.
Have you tried soft resetting your Zune? If not, I recommend it:

Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds. You will not lose any stored data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannon666 View Post
On the weekend my MFT froze on my media/ipod screen...even after shutting off and restarting a couple times. It eventually fixed itself Sunday, then later in the day decided it didn't want to play my ipod anymore, it still said the song was playing the time counter kept going up, but it was playing the radio, I tried unplugging the ipod and plugging it back in (even when unplugged it still showed as plugged in) and restarting to no avail, will a master reset correct this?
I suggest performing a Master Reset if you haven't done so already. Here are the directions:

http://Support.Ford.com/sync-technol...ter-reset-sync

Let me know the latest.

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford