Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - DDMTuning Cart (HID)
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 01:36 PM   #26
Barrow88
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91009
What I Drive: 10' Black SES, 02' Boosted ZX3

Points 958, Level 16
Points: 958, Level: 16 Points: 958, Level: 16 Points: 958, Level: 16
Level Up 58% Completed
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 Barrow88 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarderSauce View Post
You are right, they are about the same with the morimoto bulbs. I woul have to assume they are better quality than the DDM's. Would you go with 3five bulbs or would you recommend upgrading to the XB35's for $30 more? If it makes a difference I am going with 6k

I kinda want to get different shrouds as well, would the MC-R fit?

Sentra%20Retrofit%20MC-R%20shroudl by DarderSauce, on Flickr

^^Also with those shrouds will you still get the halo (dots) around the projector lamp or do you have to pay more for that option?
I think you would have to get the Morimoto CCFL kit. Is that built in or is it something that requires extra wiring?

This is what the cart looks like so far... Am I doing it right?

Capture by DarderSauce, on Flickr

Thanks!

I dont have experience with the xb35 bulbs but they are supposed to be brighter so if thats what you want go ahead and get them. Here is what your cart should look like and I included the resealing glue as I would recommend getting unless your going to use something else, I also included two different versions of the cart one with ccfl and one with the XBled halos (XBled halos will be brighter and less wiring, both do require extra wiring also) & (you might want to email the retrofit source if you want to reproduce the light behind the shrouds cause the ones I got with my projectors were smaller and ment to be on the outside so you may need larger ones which in that case you would need to add the larger halos to your order seperately and not order them with the projectors)

Cart with CCFL halos:

Cart with XBled halos:

Cart totals for both CCFL on bottom & XBled on top (dont pay attention to the cart total thats for both kits together only look at the kit totals:
Build Thread: Already Built... For Now