Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Anyone upgraded their Sony 10-speaker stereo?
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 11:46 AM   #55
Linchpin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103384
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Linchpin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamnesta View Post
Linchpin, Great idea. I assume this applies only to musical content within the ipad or iphone? I'm stuck on the sound quality from the cd player above all else even with the highest resolution storage; lossless at a minimum on my ipod. Will an upgrade to my storage device w/recommended apps approach cd quality? If so, sign me up, sure can't deny the convenience.

Between what your both offering we may be able to wait out the next generation DSP implemented players surely to come.
Yes, only from the iPad or iPhone. Mp3s only have a tenth of the digital information as lossless CD quality 44.1-16 bit. Those who play mostly Mp3s on a good audio system usually think the system is crap. To paraphrase Bill "It's the mp3s stupid!" CD quality is what I load onto my iPad and iPhone. I think iTunes will play a higher bit rate than 16 bits. But I haven't got around to fiddling with it

I would really like to hang my iPad in front of MFT screen when playing music with EQu running and pretend (and pray) that the engineers at Ford can see and hear what a huge improvement this is. It is totally intuitive because when you select a preset you see the EQ curve displayed with the set points, ergo you can see what causes the sound. With EQu you can add up to 1000 points. You touch the curve and tweak it and the change is dramatic. You really can 'Have it your way". What is truly laughable is that the EQu app is a couple of bucks. Ford should buy the rights to the app. Are you taking this in Crystal?'

For those who really want more volume from their Sony here's a quick fix. Go to your iPad or iPhone song folder in iTunes on your Mac or PC and choose 'select all' then choose 'get info'. Go to options>volume and move the slider to 100%. Insert ear plugs, fasten seat belt and hit play. Roger Dearborn, we have liftoff.

"What did you say?"

Last edited by Linchpin; 10-18-2012 at 10:22 PM.