Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Ford Focus ST Overview: 252 horsepower, 154 mph, 32 mpg
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 10:46 AM   #3
Schroeder02

Fan#: 53191
What I Drive: 2002 Red SVT & 2007 Red ST

FF Reputation: 62 Schroeder02 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambleon84 View Post
Interesting that the ST is rated at higher mpg than the mazda and gti but in Road and Track's latest head to head comparison it ranked worst on their observed mpg. Pretty crazy that the mpg of this ST is just about what I see on my N/A '07...
Millage is a relative number it really depend on how you drive the car. I typically see 30mpg average, my car has 27mpg over it lifetime that about 3900 miles right now. But I have also gotten 12mpg in the car when I had it on the track, so if you are in the gas a lot yes the millage will suck if you stay out of itís pretty dam good.

Wonderful thing about the st and Iím sure the other cars is there still small and good handling cars so you can drive it like a momentum car but you donít have to been in the gas hard.

Do you have any special rituals when the helmet is concerned like many have? - I wipe it so that I can see better.