Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DDMTuning Cart (HID)
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 10:40 AM   #25
DarderSauce
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95564
What I Drive: '08 Vermillion Red 5 speed SEdan

FF Reputation: 5 DarderSauce Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow88 View Post
Hey DarderSauce, Morimoto MiniH1 projectors use a H1 bulb so you need to order a H1 kit not the H13 as the projectors themselves have the hi/low function not the bulbs and I see you were going to get 55w just thought you'd like to know those projectors are not ment to have 55w HIDs they are made for 35W so the 55s could damage the projector bowls. It might be close to the same amount if you just ordered the retrofit kit instead of the projectors from morimoto and HIDs from DDM.

You will probably need the Morimoto relay kit for the projectors it has the hi/low connectors for the projectors.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/index.php?cPath=28

You might be able to get away using the DDM H13 hi/low harness but the hi/low connectors will be different so you will need to modify it to work (I had the hi/low ddm harness when I had hids in the stock housings so I know the connectors will be different)

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/High-Low-Harness
You are right, they are about the same with the morimoto bulbs. I woul have to assume they are better quality than the DDM's. Would you go with 3five bulbs or would you recommend upgrading to the XB35's for $30 more? If it makes a difference I am going with 6k

I kinda want to get different shrouds as well, would the MC-R fit?

Sentra%20Retrofit%20MC-R%20shroudl by DarderSauce, on Flickr

^^Also with those shrouds will you still get the halo (dots) around the projector lamp or do you have to pay more for that option?
I think you would have to get the Morimoto CCFL kit. Is that built in or is it something that requires extra wiring?

This is what the cart looks like so far... Am I doing it right?

Capture by DarderSauce, on Flickr

Thanks!