Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2012 Ford Focus Titanium Transmission Issues
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #4
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmann4789 View Post
...I've started to notice that when shifting from 1st to 2nd, or 2nd to 3rd, there's a grinding noise that comes from the transmission. This has never happened before, and it only lasts while its actually shifting gears...I've already dropped the car off to have it looked at, but I don't really trust dealerships, probably because I know very little about cars...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsFocus View Post
Hi nmann4789,

As JimsFocus points out, you may want to check out some of the other threads where folks are discussing this issue. Additionally, I'm happy to escalate your case to your region's Customer Service Manager. Just reach out to me via PM with your VIN, mileage, dealer, and daytime phone number. I'm on the case!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanDouglas View Post
...On a slight incline, decelerate from 40 mph to 30 mph, then accelerate slowly. there is load on the transmission from a slight incline and a grinding noise happens when the car tries to shift from a lower gear to higher.

Disturbing grinding as it sounds like damage is being done. It very occasionally occurs as well on left turns when transmission is under load accelerating...
Hi AlanDouglas,

I would advise that you contact the fine folks at Ford of Canada. They'll be in the best position to assist you. You can reach them at 1-800-565-3673.

Thanks,
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford