Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2007 RADIO questions
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 09:22 AM   #2
rambleon84
So mote be it

Fan#: 51521
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Toreador Red ZX3

Points 7,603, Level 58
Points: 7,603, Level: 58 Points: 7,603, Level: 58 Points: 7,603, Level: 58
Level Up 27% Completed
Level up: 27% Level up: 27% Level up: 27%
Forum Activity 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%
FF Reputation: 23 rambleon84 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1955 View Post
Hi all- I just joined and have a 2007 SE wagon. I have the single cd/mp3 radio.
I have some questions:
1. The "Aux" button says no aux. I have read about some expensive adapter that can be added, I assume for iPod input? What can anyone tell me about that?
2. Another button mutes the sound and has an icon for a phone. Does this radio have some sort of connection for hands free cell phone use?
3. I think I read that the 2008 radios had the first version of SYNC. Would this radio work in my 2007?
Thanks for any help. I look forward to my membership here, and someday sharing information.
1. An over priced component would allow you an auxiliary input, such as this one. gives you the ability to connect RCA style inputs, you would then be able to add an rca to 3.5mm head phone jack to connect your ipod. No display or ipod controls from head unit though.

2. There is no connectivity for cell phones... its simply an icon for muting so you can talk on the phone.

3. there are too many different parts for the sync system to be able to retroactively install in an earlier model focus. It's not just a head unit thing.

To me, it is not cost effective to install any of the above options. Not when you can purchase a proper after market head unit that will sound and work better for around the same money or a far superior unit for more money. We have a double din size dash, you can fit some really nice and feature rich head units in that space.