Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - For Sale: 2003 Competition Orange SVT 3 door LOW MILES and great audio system!
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 07:51 AM   #42
rgonyer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5268
What I Drive: 2013 Tangerine Scream Focus ST3

FF Reputation: 1 rgonyer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Of course we do Crunchy - here's how it went for me:

2002, I was intrigued by the new Focus SVT. I drive 120 miles/day for work so I wanted a fairly practical but sporty car. Test drove one, HATED the seats which is no good for sitting in for 2 hours a day.

Early 2004. Decided to check the SVT out again. Happened upon a silver one with the EAP package. They solved the one thing I didn't like about the car (seats), so I bought it. It was a leftover new 2003 with rebates, and I'm eligible for Z plan, so I stole it ;-) I drove that car for 120k miles when the belt tensioner gave up and destroyed my motor. I felt like i didn't need the headache of repairing it, so I sold it.

My wife got a new car so I took over her 2008 VW R32. Fast car, DSG gearbox. Beautiful interior, BORING. 24MPG. Traded that for a 2009 Civic SI coupe since Ford didn't have a decent sport compact. HATED that as well... so boring!

So I searched for a low mileage used SVT which is the orange one I sold here. Brought it home, went through the whole car, did all the maintenance and put a nice stereo in it. Then they announce the ST and I knew I had to go for it.

There were a lot of people that couldn't believe I bought the EXACT same car I had (except for color) because I love to drive different cars all the time. But the Focus SVT / EAP is a very special car for car guys. It's hard to explain until you put some time in one. It's comfortable, not overly techy (Which I'm worried about with my ST coming in), amazing visibility, good cargo space, good mileage, quick enough, handles great, and can seat 4 with no problem!