Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - New 2013, should I have gotten a manual?
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 11:41 AM   #26
Drew'sFoci
Focus Addict

Fan#: 103950
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray hatch W/Blk pack

FF Reputation: 4 Drew'sFoci Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
There's your problem, no one said it was cool to be drag racing people on the street. Its Anime, by the way, not "anami, or however you spell it", it is a specific type of animation that originated in Japan.

Leave the street racing to the video games like Forza Horizon, or NFS Most Wanted/ etc, its not cool to do in real life and the consequences can be quite severe, especially if you mess up and wreck or cause the other car to crash into some one else killing or injuring people.

Of course if this was at the drag strip and you lost well then fair's fair, but on the street its a bad idea.

When the DCT has the next gear preselected and ready to go the changes are virtually instantaneous even when run to redline. Maybe its just that my car has worked with no issues from the gearbox, but I actually like the DCT much more than Ford's lack luster torque converter automatics. Although if the normal Focus had been available with a 6 speed manual with similar gear ratios I might have gone with it over the DCT, but since it did not and the 5MT had the same gear ratios as my last car which was 18 year old I wasn't as enthused about that prospect as good as the MTX75 is. I like having the engine only needing to spin at 2600 rpm at 70 and about 3000 at 80 mph vs 3000 at 70 and closer to 3500-4000 at 80 in the 5MT.
Street racing is very dumb! It was taken place at Milan drag strip in Michigan! And with the things dangling of the back, I don't care what they are called, they are completely dumb and annoying!