Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2013 Ford Focus Transmission
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 10:07 AM   #3
GEN3F
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104168
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray SE

FF Reputation: 1 GEN3F Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
We have two new 2013 SE's - one with the 201A option. They both have the Power Shift gearbox. We love the cars but have found the gearbox to still have some hesitation/stumbling in the low gears - first and second - but not all the time. You can also hear some clatter from the clutches (I presume) from time to time - particularly at low speed, during cornering - but not real loud. The gearbox seems to be improved from the issues reported for 2012 models. We understand the concept of the auto manual and it may be that driving style can help - we found that using the throttle will smooth out stumbling. However, it is a concern and surprising that Ford would take to market an unperfected concept like the Power Shift gearbox - especially from one year to the next. This is my tenth Ford in a row as a daily driver and I have faithfully stood by the brand. Time will tell how we feel about these cars and what we consider for the future.