Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Fog Light Installation - S Model (with Pics)
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 07:14 AM   #58
Tiger-Heli
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12379
What I Drive: 2002 French Blue SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 Tiger-Heli Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
@Meathead - DEPO and several other companies also sell the replacement Ti Bezels - might be less expensive than the dealer options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianm View Post
Y Well I'm not here to argue a point, the reason for my inital response was to offer suggestions that were safer for the car and eayser to install.
Fair enough - you do have a simpler to install (or at least visualize) option. I think, Chaddz3's solution is more elegant and more functional, but also more complicated - good thing is the end user can pick out what they want.

Quote:
second there's no splicing when I attach the possitive feed to the battery cable with a waterproof ring terminal
No splicing there, but you are tying into the factory system at that point. Either that or Chaddz3's solution COULD present warranty issues - although neither should if the dealer interprets the warranty correctly.

Quote:
And splicing involves cutting and soldering.
Ideally, or crimp caps. You probably will have to connect together different wires (splicing) with your standalone system - you will just be splicing to added wires instead of splicing into the factory harness. (I'm not trying to be a jerk, it just comes naturally to me.)

Quote:
If the wire is missing from the fuse box.that tells me that its a different wire harness.
You are thinking about it the wrong way. The OUTPUT wires from the BCM to the rear of the bumper are present on all cars. The INPUT terminals on the BCM and the IC relays in the BCM aren't present on the "S" models.