alaskanzx5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 82699
What I Drive: 2000 silver zx3

FF Reputation: 6 alaskanzx5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8parker94 View Post
I want to put on some bolt on's, but Torrie from unleashed performance said on another forum that without a good tune, bolt ons wont yield much gain in hp or tq, so I'm probably going to give in and get the tune.
steeda's intake that is still is testing has got 10hp and about 19 tq if i remember right. not bad gains for a simple intake. that with an exhaust would yeild around 20-30hp gain with similar tq gains. crosworth is most likely gonna come out with some parts seeing as to how they took part in a focus st that is gonna be at the sema show.

going from 230-240 hp stock to 250-260 from an intake and exhaust isnt a bad deal. match that with a tune and you could be close to 300 but like tom has said that turbo is holding the car back. takes a gaint drop right at the peak. a slightly bigger turbo would take untill 3000-3500 to spool up but would give better results with the right tune and breathe easy mods.