Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Fog Light Installation - S Model (with Pics)
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 01:40 AM   #57
Chaddz3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96992
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus S Ingot Silver

Points 1,795, Level 24
Points: 1,795, Level: 24 Points: 1,795, Level: 24 Points: 1,795, Level: 24
Level Up 95% Completed
Level up: 95% Level up: 95% Level up: 95%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 17 Chaddz3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
@ BrianM.. I was originally hoping to do a complete factory type install using the factory headlight/foglight switch, utilizing the unused factory wiring and building an OEM comparible accessory fog harness (minus the parking sensor wiring). I wanted my install to be indistinguishable from the OEM design as far as looks and operation. Unfortunately in my case since my BCM was not foglight compatible (the fog light fuse is actually part of the BCM). The wiring from the BCM to the front bumper is identical regardless of trim level.

I had to do my alternative method.. since the wiring comes up to the BCM itself and all the wires i needed to splice in to were all right there behind the glovebox, it was the easiest way to do it, plus being inside the car, they are more protected from the elements than if i had done stand alone system under the hood and i wouldnt have to figure out how to route the wiring from the lights to the dash for the toggle..

I did my installation the way I did because it was the easiest, cheapest and In my humble opinion, safest way to do it and still meet the objectives the project had to adhere to..

It had to look like an OEM factory installation as much as possible...
and it had to function as closely to the Original OEM foglight design as possible... I wanted it to be very difficult for anyone to be able to tell that they are not OEM installed.. right now the only way to tell is my toggle switch in the center console near the shifter and if they pull the glove box out and see the Fog Control Relay Module I installed... other than that, it looks OEM factory. My splices are not visible without disassembling the harness.. When looking under the hood, there is no added wiring at all even at the battery. and under the bumper, the only difference between my fog harness and fords is the lack of parking sensor connectors, and no part number tag.. (i think mine is about 3 inches longer than the factory one though).

@Meathead.. The black bezels from the titanium model are available but I have no clue what the part numbers are... My bezels were Aftermarket chrome pieces that i had painted prior to putting them in.. since it was the cheapest option..