Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Fog Lights
Thread: Fog Lights
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 11:38 PM   #32
ProSilverVT02
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33656
What I Drive: 2002 SVT

FF Reputation: 7 ProSilverVT02 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebstubstad View Post
Once I finally get em to work.. what are your guys' opinions on hids in the fogs? I feel like they sit low enough to not be blinding
Do NOT put HIDs in your fog housings. The whole point of you getting these was to put the light where it belongs... down low with a wide angle.

Once you throw HIDs in that housing, even though it may not be blinding, your light is going to go all over the place.

Save your money... stick to halogen bulbs and enjoy your new fog lights.

As suggested by others, yellow light works best with fog housings because it does great cutting through rain, fog and snow.

An alternative to bulbs is Lamin-X Film. You can get the yellow film and also be protecting your new fog housings. THIS ---> Lamin-X Focus Fog Light Covers

Its a major plus that you could pick up an OEM setup for such a good price, they look great.