Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Fog Light Installation - S Model (with Pics)
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #56
brianm
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104805
What I Drive: 2013 ford focus s

FF Reputation: 1 brianm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Y Well I'm not here to argue a point, the reason for my inital response was to offer suggestions that were safer for the car and eayser to install. Personally I don't care how someone installs a fog light kit in there car. I'm personally going to do it with a stand alone system, second there's no splicing when I attach the possitive feed to the battery cable with a waterproof ring terminal, as u mentioned before we don't want to mess up on techanical points. And splicing involves cutting and soldering. As far as warrenty I guess if u left the lights on it could kill the battery and that wouldnt be covered under warrenty, but as you already know the battery isn't covered under the mfg warrenty, it has a independant warrenty threw the batt mfg. I guess final would be the bcm issue that everyone seems hung up on. If the wire is missing from the fuse box.that tells me that its a different wire harness. Soooo my oppinion is that usually they do that to save on over all weight of the car. As far as the bcm I'm not supprised that the mfg uses different bcms for different trim packages. Being in the partsand service business for as many years as I have I've seen a lot of the same kind of car with different computers, its always a major laugh when I get a customer that says, arnt they all the same?