Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Odd Oil issue
Thread: Odd Oil issue
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 01:34 PM   #26
VEGAS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 75680
What I Drive: 2007 Focus

FF Reputation: 4 VEGAS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
You dont have the full picture.. Leaving the vent connected to the intake is not a Option, it killed a motor doing this. I am not risking $4000 again. This time the warranty is not there since I got a warning that since my car came with a 2.0L that they wont replace it again, I drained all the oil out of my last motor Via the Vent on the Valve cover.. when the motor runs at high RPM for over half a hour the oil becomes a mist and gets sucked out the intake into the chamber and out the rear of the car.. I am not guessing this, I have tested it AFTER trying to find out why my new motor I had died in 3 weeks with no oil after I know I put in Royal Purple 5w20 for $60

I reconnected stock and revved motor for 10 minutes at 6000 RPM and sure enough, the CAI from FSWERKS was getting a fresh coat of oil. after a week, I noticed 1/2 qt. Low.. I stuck a Filter on the Valve cover vent and no more lose then a normal issue.... so that PVC is a issue to me.

Been 2 months now, no issue till the light flickering..

Here is a video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPLSSasxlIA

I have a strong feeling its a Pump issue myself.. since 90% of the motor was replaced and high RPMs can kill a pump.

I even need to use a Tranny Cooler on my Power Steering pump to keep from burning it up. Learned that 3 pumps later..

I know you keep saying its stock, but Other then Cams and Turbo, its not... and Cams are in the near future and since its a Automatic, no turbo for me.. I would kill the motor and tranny in a few weeks.

And I have a Oil catch can BTW, I removed it.. it does not put the oil back in the motor, so what good is it.. I know oil comes out.. why not just use a filter to keep the oil in??