Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick625 View Post
Jaclyn,
No it is non-NAV. Fuse pulls work for awhile but only awhile. Dealer did a Master Reset that doesn't solve the problem. I just downloaded the delaidreset file (or whatever its is called) off syncmyride onto USB to do a reboot without a fuse pull and like doing a fuse pull directions is now working again, but I have little confidence that it will continue. My dealer is trying but they have no clue what the problem is. All replacing the antenna did was wrinkle my headliner in my brand new car in two spots. I'll take it back in (which would be the 4th visit for this problem) but I am not confident that it will be fixed. Not blaming the dealer, they do try, but obviously this is a flawed system, many owners have this same problem (and worse) which is really not good. Since a reboot temporarily fixes it, my gut tells me its a software issue not hardware but who knows. I dont understand why Ford hasnt figured this out yet inasmuch as so many have this problem. Having to take a brand new car in repeatedly to try to fix a major system component is not a pleasant owner experience to say the least, especially when the dealer has no idea how to fix it. They said they just follow the codes, but the code that said replace the antenna didn't help. Should have just kept my Caddy with NAV and OnStar I guess. The shame is that otherwise I love the Focus.
Thanks for your reply.
You're welcome, nick625. I'd like to have someone from our Customer Care Team give you a call. Please PM me your VIN, phone number, the name of the dealership you've been working with, and the approximate mileage on your Focus.

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford