pozi240
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94835
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5 door SEL Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 4 pozi240 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linchpin View Post
They are in a different category. Shifting issues are Performance. The issues you list are Defects. Defects can't be corrected by software reprogramming.
Sorry, I disagree with that being a "different category" as you point out. I (we, as in the majority of the people posting in this thread) did in fact have "shifting issues", which originally were told by the dealer were merely "programming" and quotes like "you're not driving it properly, or, you need to give the TCU time to learn your driving style".... and in a lot the cases (mine own included), it turned out to be a physical issue, in that the seals were bad and contaminated the clutches. Yes, that is a "defect", BUT, driving it did not display a "defect", but, rather poor (and noisey) shifting performance. Of course "defects" can't be corrected by software, but, saying that a lot of the issues are technicians not properly programming the DCT or poor initial communication from dealer to consumer is pre mature, given the amount of "bad" clutches we are now starting to see (and I believe we will see LOTS more as dealerships eventually open up the transmissions and investigate this more).
Those that have had the new clutches and seals installed are once again, very happy with the performance (much like we all were when test driving the new car).
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 (street)
2008 Kawasaki ZX10R (track only)