Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Loud reverse rumble and cruising shutter
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 03:27 AM   #1
me.awesome
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96215
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Titanium hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 me.awesome Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Loud reverse rumble and cruising shutter

So ever since i took my car in to get my misbalanced clutches replaced, my car has been making a pretty noticeable noise when i shift into reverse when its cold out. Its like a grind or something hard vibrating around in my engine bay area. Its really weird but only happens when the temperature is cold outside. It does not happen if i am idling, but the moment i shift into reverse it makes the noise. It also not make the noise if i go straight into drive.

Also when i am cruising at about 35 mph, i can see my rpms fluctuation about 300-500 rpms randomly while at the same time making the same grinding/rattling noise. The noise also occurs if i cruse into a turn leading to a hill and give it some gas.
The noise, for whatever reason, make me think of a clutch puck that has come loose and is just like vibrating like crazy and wacking the clutch assembly as it rotates.
Im gonna take it in at some point but i have been way to busy to recently. Just wanted to see if anyone else is having these issues.

Il try and take a video some time so you guys can hear what i sounds like.