Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Odd Oil issue
Thread: Odd Oil issue
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 10:13 PM   #25
jetrinka
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 45622
What I Drive: 88 5-speed XR4TI

FF Reputation: 180 jetrinka Excellent Standing Memberjetrinka Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
The car shouldn't be having issues with oil pressure with all the stock equipment on it and if it truly is, deleting the balance shafts for a very small bump in oil pressure is only going to mask the problem for a short time.

Its not unheard of that an oil pressure sender goes bad. I'd be spending a 30 bucks on a test gauge, plug it into the sender port, and take it for a drive and see what the oil pressure is truly doing. Might just be a bad 20 dollar sender. Then at least you know if there is a problem or not.

Personally I would leave the PCV system stock. Even though its a small amount, the air that is entering the engine via this system (in stock form) is metered and while the car has the ability to compensate for it with its long term trims it shouldn't have to. Your not seeing any gains going the other way and if a very light oil film is of concern you can always splice in a small catch can in line with the feed from the intake to the valve cover.