View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 07:53 PM   #18
Phoenix3745
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87688
What I Drive: 2008 White SE Coupe

FF Reputation: 1 Phoenix3745 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
No idea actually I was forced to get rid of the car due to losing my job. But if you want a camshaft for you 2010 I would go with the crower cam sold by massivespeedsystems.com the cosworth worked if you don't mind a cel all the time for a cam angle sensor and not being able to start your car without having to crank and recrank and crank again and pray your next cranking is close to tdc. I'm sure power wasn't all that it could have been with the older style camshafts but it was fun. As far as driveabilty yes its a very tame camshaft but stop and go traffic ate my fuel like it was free. A lot was due to my original tune. My car was tuned for Alaska air. 0-100 foot elevations and an outside air temp that never saw more then low 90's.... ever.... so I was sucking in some pretty dense air already. So add more air and a the cam angle sensor issue I would go much leaner then I should have been and the car compensates with more gas. I would be lucky to get 19mpg in town. Good thing Alaska towns are small. I got 32 highway with the cams doing 80mph. Before the cams I was getting 35 city and 42 highway so its a big difference at $4.40/gal it got a little better when I moved to Texas to a high elevation. Less air in and less fuel was being dumped away. I got a small bump in city 22mpg. And highway dropped below 30 MPG @80mph but gas is cheaper.

So if you want cams just know you'll lose MPG but gain grinabiltiy.
Drivabilty is dependant on the person I guess. Can you put up with the drop in MPG and loud noise. Then yes its drivable with the mild cams.

But don't use the cosworths they weren't meant for the new motor. Like posted before massive sells cams made by crower that have the shutter wheel required by the 2008-11. And they are cheaper.