Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Lemay Car Museum
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 05:31 PM   #10
jetrinka
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 45622
What I Drive: 88 5-speed XR4TI

FF Reputation: 180 jetrinka Excellent Standing Member jetrinka Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdamay View Post
That is a varied and wide-ranging collection. I was just reading about that museum the other day, I'd like to visit it sometime before I die.

I read some complaints though, that a lot of the cars are sort of poorly restored (the ones not on the main floor). Any observations on that?
Some of the cars certainly looked like they were all original (as in a little bit of wear here and there). But none of them looked bad by any means. The original ones were in probably as good in shape as they could be. The only exception would be an original car that would have been bought new and then never driven for the last 50-100 years. lol. They were all in exceptional shape IMO.

As far as being poorly restored, I don't think I have the credentials to verify this or even have an opinion. Older cars are awesome to look at but I will admit that anything past the 1970's I have a hard time identifying or even knowing what they are supposed to look like. haha. I don't think there was a single car there that was younger than I am... Well perhaps a couple (the Volt and such). I guess what I am saying is that if there was a poor restoration, I certainly couldn't identify one.