Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Usa focus v eu focus
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #11
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
See, they have a 1.6 TDCI = turbo diesel. We don't. Bringing a turbo diesel 4 cyl to the USA would be like attempting to overthrow the Fed govt. That's anti-oil, so don't even think it. The original PNGV cars were diesel-electric hybrids similar to trains, but when we finally got one of those on the market (Volt) it was changed to a gasoline-electric hybrid using the same drivetrain architecture. With diesel-electric, we'd be seeing Volt fuel economy rise to 72 mpg instead of 44 mpg which is what it gets when the engine is on turning the generator. That's how the PNGV vehicles were built- no batteries or plug-in.

If you think we're in debt now, what would it be like if all the ants and worker bees were spending 30% less in fuel taxes? Are you trying to bankrupt us? Go get a V8, and be an American, ok? The only ones that are bringing little diesels over here are Germans- so there's some kind of conspiracy there. Perhaps they want us to go bankrupt after all. C'mon, who wants a Mercedes 2.1L twin turbo diesel 4 that has 190 hp and 360 lb-ft for 35+ mpg? Not a real American, ok?

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.