mustang0
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96079
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy SE HB Sport Package

FF Reputation: 1 mustang0 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank View Post
Been running my MS3 RMM with CS inserst for about 5,000 miles now. There is definitely an improvement over stock, however, I still feel like there is a decent amount of drivetrain slop in this car.

I mentioned this in another thread... but on my last car (MS6) when I removed the RMM, it took another guy and all of his strength to move the engine into place to line up the bolt. However, when I removed the RMM from the focus, the damn engine swung back and forth like a pendulum.

This leads me to believe more success can be hand with the other two engine mounts. Mostly in the TMM.... my concern is obviously vibration.

So I thought of another approach. I believe it was focus boy who reported an un-desirable amount of vibrations just from a 70 duro RMM. I'm fairly certain the main culprit behind this is the ~650 idle rpms. Once tuning is available for this platform, we will be able to bump our idle rpms to 800. This will reduce a substantial amount of vibes during idle and I think will allow us to be able to run a higher duro mount with out the side effects of vibes.

This might actually be a better solution over replacing the TMM at this time. I have a few locals with MS3 with aftermarket mounts. I might see if I can get one of them let me try their mount.

If I can get my hands on one, I'll run a little test. Since the update, if you put the car in gear with out your foot on the brake, the rpms will raise to around 850. This will give me a pretty good idea of what the mount would feel like if we were able to raise the idle with a tuning solution.
I totally agree that this car needs more than the MS3. When you get on it really hard you definitely can feel some looseness still. I think I'm going to try taking the stock unit and filling it in solid with high durometer rubber compound and see if that makes a difference.
65 Racestang 96 Mustang 2012 Focus SE HB Sport Pac 5 speed man. NewMission Cold Air, lunchbox Delete,Custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust, Steeda Rear Sway Bar, Steeda STS,Axis wheels, Blox shift knob,Focus elecrtic RMM, Injected 93 Tune V1 176HP 152Torque