Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Official Winter Tires Thread: Please post any winter questions here!
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 07:54 PM   #82
USARice
Focus Addict

Fan#: 56127
What I Drive: 2005 Silver ST, DD and AutoX

Points 2,305, Level 29
Points: 2,305, Level: 29 Points: 2,305, Level: 29 Points: 2,305, Level: 29
Level Up 4% Completed
Level up: 4% Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 USARice Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
2005 ZX4 ST, Stock Alloys

After finding the prices of winter tires for my 17" ST 200s to be too much to bear, I've decided to put some on my 16" stockers. I'm also looking at making my first purchase from Tire Rack. :) Originally I was looking at Graspics, but afer seeing the survey results from the Winterforce I was leaning that way, but comfort and low road noise are important too me. I drive 48mi each way to work and back every day. I loved my Conti DWS's for the snow / ride / low noise but I only got 25k of the 50k quoted treadlife. Then I read the test results on Tirerack and decided on the General Altimax. The only problem is that they're only available in a 55 series for the 16". I am lowered on the Saleen/Racecraft/Eibach setup, should I have any rubbing problems with the increase in sidewall? IIRC it's about a 1.25 - 1.5" drop. If no issues, I'll probably order Monday morning.

Thanks!