Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Anyone upgraded their Sony 10-speaker stereo?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 11:04 AM   #49
Linchpin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103384
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Linchpin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriously Focused View Post
"WizardSkills said: After years of replacing decks, speakers and adding subs to previous cars with dubious, albeit loud, results I have finally laid that nonsense to rest........"

Yeah that is a very tiring routine. I have done that several times, then gotten rid of the car(s) two years later. Then comes the headache trade in time. Do you "uninstall" the extra stuff or leave it in the car and lose over $1000. I've done it both ways.

Who wants to remove door panels on an old car while trying to take delivery of a new one ?

I have the factory 6 speaker AM/FM/CD/SIRIUS/SYNC crap in mine > works fine.
Adding an amplifier and a sub is one thing because low frequencies are non directional. So sub placement is not a big deal. But getting really decent sound in a car interior takes a skilled audio engineer who is able to place speakers in the optimal location. This is why as far as I am concerned the best option is for Ford to either offer a high end option with Sony or partner with a company like Bose or B&O. This would mean trading up to a 2014 or 2015 Focus. But if Ford offers some of the options I wanted but couldn't get in my 2012 Ti I would trade up. Switching is easier than retrofitting a sound system into my present Focus then ripping it out when I trade or sell it.