Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - anyone successfully gotten lemon law to take care of ford focus 2012 tranny problems!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #59
Ronbeav
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104446
What I Drive: 2011 genesis coupe ordered 2013 ST3

FF Reputation: 1 Ronbeav Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
I'll look into this, but I don't think this is true for South Carolina. We just have to notify the manufacturer or their agent (dealership) of the issue before expiration of the warranty and need to go through the arbitration process before anything else. Pretty sure giving them nearly 40 days to repair the car shows a fair amount of good faith on my part...

EDIT: Looked it up, we definitely do not have to do this here. Notification (of the defect) can be done directly to the manufacturer or the dealership and arbitration by the BBB Auto Line program is pretty much the first step in the process after they make repair attempts. I'm guessing Florida has to do that because of it being only 15 days, whereas here it's 30.
Ok I just did some research on South Carolina Lemon Law http://www.carlemon.com/lemon/SC_law.html at this link and I see where it said that notification can be made to the manufacturer by the BBB. It also states that you must allow one final repair attempt of the nonconformity. You can send a defect notification form via registered mail if you want to. Personally I would send the notification form because its a $5.00 insurance policy. The manufacturer can not try to say that you never gave them notice or didn't allow them their last repair attempt if you have the return receipt from the notification form mailing. The manufacturer is going to pull every dirty trick to avoid having to repurchase the vehicle so the burden is on you to make sure that you cross every T and dot every I. Also keep all of your records of any correspondence between you and the manufacturer. Write down the dates ,times and what was said if you talk to the manufacturer on the phone or in person.