Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Those With the Metra faceplate, how did you do it.
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 12:13 AM   #6
tech10002
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 104134
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 tech10002 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So has anybody got theirs installed yet? My Metra bezel and Sync interface are on the way. I should have them by the middle of next week. The Sirius antenna cable so I can use the factory sat radio antenna is on the slow boat from China, so there's no telling when I'll get that. I'll probably go ahead and mount the nav and then hook my Pioneer XM tuner to the factory Sirius antenna later when the cable comes in.

I plan on installing my Pioneer Avic-Z2 that I salvaged out of my totaled Civic with the Sync audio output from the Axxess FRST-2 hooked to the aux input on the Avic-Z2. That way I can use the Sync for USB audio and phone integration and the hard drive music library built into the nav for my CD collection. Later I'll probably install my Alpine PDX-5 left over from the Civic and get some new speakers and subs. I'm really hoping they'll come out with a Stealthbox for the 12 and up hatches.

Who's gonna be the first to post install pictures?