Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - anyone successfully gotten lemon law to take care of ford focus 2012 tranny problems!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #56
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 2 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexi321cat View Post
I got a 2012 focus did roll back they stoped it alittle ,3 weeks after I got it the stearing went compleatly.now not even a year old the transmission is starting to slip but wont show up on sensors,did it once so far for 13 miles it was like driving a standard with clutch going but I have an automatic.you have any tranny problems like this
How many miles are now on the car, and when did the slipping begin?

If enough people can report similar issues, then there is a repeatable problem that would not be ignored by an ethical and moral company...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoebel View Post
B-Lou and others, it's a truly strange situation, we've only been driving our 2012 Focus since July, but it's been flawless, both my wife and I have driven it over 2000 miles, mixed in-town, highway, lots of hills locally, never had a single problem with the 6 Spd DCT tranny.

HOWEVER, I've learned from what you and others have posted about dealing with issues with dealerships, like making sure the actual issue is what's documented on the workorder. I can see how just a minor change could imply "that wasn't the same problem" when it really was.

My sincere condolences to ANYone who didn't get what they thought or felt they were purchasing. I hope you do get your issue resolved. It's not like the dealers and manufacturer's aren't getting better than the average customer...
No offense to car dealers or FoMoCo. I'm a die hard Ford Fan For Life.
Apart from "the noise" that started, which Ford states is normal, I've had no problems here in 9 months/3000 miles... after the implementation of 12B37, which resolved every performance issue I had at the time.

I think Ford has, by and large, worked in good faith on the issues I've read about. I hope nothing bad happens, but it's technically impossible to say either way. And given how nice everything else in the 2012 Focus is, I sincerely and utterly doubt that Ford had deliberately undercut what is one of the most important aspects TO the car!