Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Ran over nail, patch or replace tire?
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 06:52 PM   #6
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Fan#: 55157
What I Drive: zx3 turbo, kia soul, 71 chevy c/10

FF Reputation: 35 focusmaniaczx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
^^^ lol just used one of those the week before last on my girlfriend's car. sunday night, had about 150 miles she needed to drive to get back to school, class in the morning, found a nail in the tire, no tire shops open, bring on the tire plug! it lasted until the following weekend when i replaced the tire. as a matter of fact she ran a plug in another tire for about 6 months or more with no problems.

take a picture of the puncture so we can see how close to the sidewall this is and so we can see roughly what angle it goes in at. you may need to replace that tire but $200 to replace a freaking tire is ridiculously expensive. if money is tight you can call around to some local mom and pop tire shops and ask them if they have any decent used tires in the size that you need. they might charge $25-$50 mounted and balanced.

if you can find a place called discount tire near you then i highly suggest going there and buying a NEW tire. if the tires you have are in good shape they will give you the option to insure those as well as your new tire so if you get a puncture again you can come in and replace the tire for free. a new tire from there might run $70-$90. however i just noticed that you are in canada so i dont think thats an option for you since i believe discount tire isnt in canada...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus
I love this big little city HOOTERS !
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!