Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Focus Electric Owners!
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #19
Spare
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 98139
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Focus Electric

FF Reputation: 1 Spare Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
-4 degrees C... You have gotta be a believer in BEV. Wow!!!! Tip of my hat to you:):) How much colder does it get up there????

My commute is 40 miles each way and I have a 240v plug available at home and at work. It will never get that cold to reduce my capacity to less then 40 miles. But 40% of 75 brings Robin very close...

A couple of other notes:

We get alot of ocean snow storms in RI, doesn't last long, but not unusual to get 12-24" at a whack. I am curious about the tires and Robin is telling me they ain't good in the snow. I hate to go back to the old days of having a set of summer and winter tires to rotate out. But....

In on of my earlier posts I said that turning the car off and back on is like resetting your computer. Just want to add that you have to open the door and get the car to completely shut down.

The 99 mile to regen issue. I heard this was a computer glitch and that Ford was working it out. That was through one of the other forums. I believe they are right but do not know for fact.

Speaking of other forums. My favorite is www.myfocuselectic.com It is filled with lots of information and is a pretty well run forum. My second choice is www.myfordmobile.com The problem with that one is the forum "discussion" is very limited in posting pictures, spreadsheets, copying information, etc. My third choice is this one. I like having ICEngine guys come in and check us out. The only problem is there are very few individuals posting. You may already be checking these out, but I just wanted to pass the info along.....