View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 11:54 PM   #4
Ferox
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104757
What I Drive: 2002 Black Focus Se

FF Reputation: 1 Ferox Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I will be doing a ton of shopping around. Luckily I have two of the best U pick it junk yards within 30 miles of my home so chances are I'll save myself a lot of money being able to pull the parts myself. it would be nice to find a wrecked car to strip everything from but we'll see how it shakes out. I plan on this being my winter project. No big hurry as I'll just continue driving my Explorer until the Focus is done.

I have found a couple great write ups and part list's for the mtx swaps but a few of them mention modifying the wiring harnesses. I know i'll have to replace both harness under the hood to swap both the motor and the trans and add the harness that goes to the tank. If I swap over to a mtx ECU will i have to change any pin out's on the harness? Im going for a factory install finish. No CEL's or !'s. I've found a couple of links for wiring diagrams that are long deleted or expired. Im guess i'll have to add a circuit for the neutral safety switch and for the clutch switch if i want to retain factory starting ability?