Old 10-11-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
c03morrison
Focus Addict

Fan#: 47010
What I Drive: 04 tundra zx3

FF Reputation: 6 c03morrison Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
custom rear strut bar

so first off i dont know if this is the correct place to put this so if it needs moving mods please do so. so i know the rear strut bars you can buy mount in the area near the rear struts, but i was wondering seeing how i took out my rear seats if making one so it fits to where the latches are for the seats. i would probs make it adjustable so i can squeeze it in there and then all i would need to do is make some mounts so it could remount using the bolts from the seat brackets. i was wondering if you would see a bigger difference because it may seem like a place where the body may sway although i know these cars are pretty stiff. plus side is you would still have the trunk space the others take away. i was also wondering if there was a way to measure how much the body moves to see if it actually would work? would a X brace going from these points to the points the others mount to give me more of a gain?

give me your thoughts and don't bash on me for wanting to do this. if so i will have someone shut it down
thanks