View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #30
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Alright, not sure if anyone here saw the responses by SCT to Albarry's post on their facebook page, but here we go...

This was their initial response following a few impatient remarks from several individuals.

"We explained yesterday we are working on it. Not sure what else to tell you guys. If we had an ETA, we would tell you. The difference between the Focus ST and N/A version is there is only 1-2 PCM codes. The n/a Focus may have 20-30 PCM codes. We could release 1 single code in 30 days like the Focus ST, but then only 1 of 10 guys cars would be supported. 1 of you would be happy, the rest of the guys with an unsupported PCM code would be here crying."

Sensing some irritation on their behalf, I felt it was time for a little diplomacy to better represent us as a party interested in their product. Thus, I asked them what we could do, as consumers, to help them out. This is what I got:

"The biggest issues guys is getting vehicles in for testing. There isn't many vehicle owners willing to give us their cars for 2-3 weeks. That is one of the reasons the Focus ST happened so fast. Torrie from Unleashed Tuning lent us his car for a month. If you are local to Orlando and want to help, great. I can pass your info along to our dev team to arrange borrowing your car."

So, if any of you guys are in the Orlando area, and want to help SCT out with getting a tune together, contact them!

Also, please don't be a dick about asking them to put together a tune for us. It won't get us anywhere.

Zack